Monday 7 December 2015

OUGD601: COP Practical Crit

During today's crit I received some positive feedback about my idea for the practical element of the context of practice module.

My idea to produce ephemeral live art pieces as a temporary 'free art' installation seems to synthesise with my essay, though emphasis was made to ensure each process is well documented to provide primary research and results.

Documenting people's expressions, reactions and comments is essential to gather information about whether typographic 'street art' - or my version of it - can influence positive social change. I also want to document the space in which I created the art for days / weeks afterwards, so that I can see if any changes have been made to the piece, anyone has drawn over it, anyone has taken it, or even if the piece has been affected by weather situations - this last one is something I should consider when creating; what materials will I use to make sure that it won't get ruined instantly.

I should also consider the placement of each piece, so that it adds to the surrounding area, reappropriates the existing space, is visible to an audience, and fits within the context of a site-specific space.

No comments:

Post a Comment