Tuesday 3 November 2015

OUGD601: Primary Research Questionnaire

Before producing any practical work I need to know my audience. The audience is who the street art is for, so I need to know who to target and where, as well as what the general consensus is about street art.

To gather valid information about what residents of Leeds city centre (the place where I plan to undertake part of my practical investigation), I spent time walking around different areas of the centre asking people of all ages what they thought about graffiti and street art.

Here is the questionnaire I provided for them to fill out, which only took a couple of minutes for people to do.




Almost all participants said they notice street art and graffiti around them, though only half of participants said they have an active interest. Most people agreed that street art is beneficial in some way to the public, and the scale of pieces affect their response. There were mixed reviews for whether street art causes them a positive or negative effect. 

The quality of the work is definitely something which distinguishes street art from vandalism, as  most members of the public I asked agreed that they were only impressed or drawn to 'good' art.

No comments:

Post a Comment